What are the top 5 benefits of White tea?
White tea is healthy and has lots of benefits:
- Lots of antioxidants
- Helps with weight loss
- Helps keep your skin healthy
- Protects your teeth
- Contains less caffeine
What is white tea?
White tea is a rare and special type of tea produced by early harvesting of young, unfolded tea leaves.
Because of the early harvesting and minimal processing, white tea contains more antioxidants than, say, black or green tea. That means it is rich in healthy substances that help your body fight disease and stay healthy.
1. White tea contains a lot of antioxidants.
White tea is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect your body from disease-causing agents, also known as free radicals. Many studies show that drinking white tea helps reduce cardiovascular disease.
An analysis of five scientific studies showed that drinking three cups of white tea a day led to 21 percent lower risk of cardiovascular disease1.
2. White tea helps with weight loss.
One of the benefits of white tea is that it can help you lose weight. The caffeine in tea speeds up your metabolism, reducing the amount of fat stored in your body2.
3. White tea is good for your skin.
White tea also helps keep your skin healthy and combat aging. White tea antioxidants, such as catechins and flavonoids, can help protect the skin from free radical damage while also firming and tightening the skin3.
Free radicals contribute to skin aging, so white tea is a real anti-ager!
4. White tea protects your teeth.
Is tea bad for your teeth? Well no! The tannins in white tea help to reduce the amount of bad bacteria in the mouth, reducing the risk of tartar and gum disease4.
White tea does not contain tannins that leave brown deposits on your teeth.
5. White tea contains less caffeine than other teas.
White tea contains significantly less caffeine than black or green tea because it is minimally processed. Ideal for people who are sensitive to caffeine and therefore cannot drink any other tea.
White tea has numerous health benefits, it supports weight loss, is a real anti-ager and contributes to healthy teeth. In addition, it is good for your resistance.
Where to buy loose leaf White tea
If you are looking for a drink that is good for your health, consider drinking a cup of white tea. We have high quality white teas for sale ourselves.
- Weisburger JH. Prevention of coronary heart disease and cancer by tea, a review. Environ Health Prev Med. 2003 Jan;7(6):283-8. doi: 10.1007/BF02908887. PMID: 21432397; PMCID: PMC2723467.
- Söhle J, Knott A, Holtzmann U, Siegner R, Grönniger E, Schepky A, Gallinat S, Wenck H, Stäb F, Winnefeld M. White Tea extract induces lipolytic activity and inhibits adipogenesis in human subcutaneous (pre)-adipocytes. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2009 May 1;6:20. doi: 10.1186/1743-7075-6-20. PMID: 19409077; PMCID: PMC2685800.
- Kim YJ, Uyama H, Kobayashi S. Inhibition effects of (+)-catechin-aldehyde polycondensates on proteinases causing proteolytic degradation of extracellular matrix. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004 Jul 16;320(1):256-61. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2004.05.163. PMID: 15207729.
- Vanka A, Vanka S. White tea: A contributor to oral health. Dent Res J (Isfahan). 2012 Jul;9(4):504. PMID: 23162597; PMCID: PMC3491343.